Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Zoo and diaper cake

Some of our closest friends here in Memphis are Shauna and Quinn Noble, in fact I am like a third parent to their son Corban... he is just so darn sweet! We spend pretty much every weekend with them, and Shauna is on my speed dial. So I went to the zoo with them on the free day, it was fun!

Corban thinks that his dad's ears are handlebars!



He liked a lot of animals so much he would try to climb into their cages... we had to explain that while he LOVED the gigantic elephants, he couldn't play with them!



He really loved the petting zoo, he is into this Baby Einstein farm animals movie right now.



He loved riding the cow! That is his mom with him... she is prego with her 2nd baby, Porter. She is going to have him on the 10th of this month. (because I want to win!)



In front of the Memphis zoo they have these big animals that look really neat...



I didn't read the sign until he was already up there!




The same week as the zoo, we had Shauna's baby shower! I decided to try my hand at making a diaper cake, which I had never made before. This is the result!




It was a ton of fun! We are really going to miss these guys when we move!

2 comments:

Michelle C said...

She is 9 months pregnant? No way. There wasn't even a hump there. Great diaper cake. You did a great job. How old is Corban? My friend just had a baby and named him "Corbin". I had never heard the name before and now twice in one week!! Yeah, I always want to move back home, but we have made some great friends out here too. Maybe we can just bring them with us. (:

Love Sweet Love said...

That diaper cake was SO cute! I've seen quite and few and that one by far "takes the cake"! (okay sorry, that was cheesy) How fun that you could go to the zoo, I wish we had one!!