Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

This week has been VERY busy. Between work, school and Halloween we are both tired; we needed that extra hour of sleep last night!

This is a pumpkin that Nathan's dad 'carved'. Drilled is more like it...



Every year, close to Halloween, Nathan's dad pulls out this fake hand and hides it around the house trying to scare people. This is one of the many places I found the hand in the last week.



On Halloween night we had a trunk-or-treat at the church. It was a lot of fun, there was also a chili and pie cook off. After that was over we went to Paul's house for his Halloween/Birthday party. We had a lot of fun.

The funny thing about Paul's costume, is that he is a mime... and he was wearing a blue tooth all night...



Nathan went as a mummy, and we had a lot of fun making the costume. It only cost $5, we went to a thrift store and bought the shirt, pants and an old curtain. Then we died them in black tea, ripped the curtain into strips and sewed it onto the clothes and shoes.



I went as a ballerina, I even wore my old tutu and ballet shoes. It was fun, but those shoes can really start hurting after awhile! It has been 5 years since I was in dance!






Nathan took his costume a little too seriously and tried to attack a few people... I had to put a stop to it.





He then put his efforts into playing ping pong, I am pretty happy with this action shot.



There was also Karaoke going on, in both English and Spanish. I tried to sing a long to the few Spanish songs I knew... it didn't work out so well! This one is us singing Lady Marmalade, it was fun! (Lets see how many times I can say "it was fun")



After Karaoke the dancing started, this is one of the reasons I love Paul's parties... Several weeks ago Nathan and I had some basic dance lessons for the Salsa, Merengue and the Bachata. When we go to Paul's parties we get to put the dancing into practice, and guess what? It is so much fun! (Are you counting how many times I write that yet?)

We don't have any pictures of us dancing, but here are some others shaking their groove things.





I really loved that everyone dressed up! Although I will admit their was a costume contest with a cash prize. Everybody that came put a couple dollars into the pot, and then we voted.







Nathan came in third place, the belly dancer came in second, and first place went to the dead married couple. Their costumes were pretty darn good!



So one last time... we had a lot of fun on Halloween. Hope you all did too!

4 comments:

Love Sweet Love said...

What an awesome party! I'm super impressed by what you guys did for Nathan's costume, I never would have thought to do that! And you are the prettiest ballerina EVER-I can't believe you can still go up on point like that(isn't that what it's called?)!

Rebekah said...

You are right Angela, it is called point... I can't do it for very long!

Michelle C said...

Paul is kind of scary in his costume! (: That's so funny that Nathan drilled his pumpkin! That's what David did last year and he was so proud. Looks like a fun time

Shannon said...

Wow, looks like a super fun party! And you guys look great as well. :D