We tried to do the whole baby wise scheduling for Emma, but I had to quit... any time things didn't go as they were 'supposed to' I would get really upset with myself, and feel like I must be doing something wrong. I had a few break downs, and finally decided that we are going to take a few things from baby wise, and then kind of make our own system for Emma. Ever since I began relaxing, things have become much better! This is also thanks to Nathan for helping me get sleep by doing the middle of the night feeding, and Jenn for getting me out of the house and helping me to feel like myself again!
I am experiencing all kinds of 'mom' things... like changing a diaper in the car, crying at movies and shows I normally wouldn't... like on Glee when this kid is singing to a sonogram because he isn't going to ever get to know his daughter... I felt like an idiot crying at that, but apparently that is what I am going to do now! I am really beginning to love being a mom, I am getting into a rhythm with Emma and can't imagine life without her now.
Here are some random pictures from the last few weeks, and a few videos too!
Emma is getting better and playing with the toys.
I don't know if it is cause Che is jealous, or he likes Emma... but he likes to cuddle up right next to her when we are holding her on the couch.
I was in the kitchen making dinner and I come back to find Nathan had done this to Emma's hair... she looks VERY amused...
This was the first Sunday we took Emma to church.
This video shows Emma's cute smile
Nathan was having fun with Emma and Che
4 comments:
Love it all!! I have never had either of my girls on a real schedule and that works for us!! Glad you are doing what is best for you and baby... she is super sweet:)
I agree...glad you're doing what is comfortable for you and baby. Every baby is sooo different!
I've discovered, doing anything "by the book" is disaster! We're do-as-we-please kind of parents, and it makes life so much simpler. And the mom things, it gets worse! One day, Emily had me put on a tiara or something while in the car, and I forgot I had it on as I walked to the apartment. I didn't feel as dumb as I felt old! She is so sweet and I love her hair!
What cute videos!! THe whole babywise thing is going the greatest with me either. I don't know how people get that to work. Ty can't go 2 1/2 hrs a lot of times without eating and will NOT be awake after feedings. I'm not pushing it. I just try and if it doesn't work - oh well! I wonder how people really get all of it to work?
Post a Comment