Sunday, March 6, 2011

High Heels and Tutus

I've taken quite a few pictures of Emma lately, here are a few of them...

Emma loves to play with my measuring tapes, I love this picture because you can see the cute little gap between her front teeth.


I made lime-chicken tacos the other night, and Emma liked the chicken so much that she wanted to eat right out of the pan.


Emma kept bringing a pair of my heels to Nathan until he would finally put them on her, all the while saying "shoes, shoes"


I put the tutu I have been making on Emma today, and taught her to twirl around with her hands over her head. She makes an adorable ballerina.



We had pizza a few weeks ago from Papa Murpheys, and they had a smores dessert pizza that was delicious. We decided to try to make it ourselves, it came out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.


I guess that would be our week in picture form.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Where is the recipe?????

Rebekah said...

We kind of made up the recipe as we went. I used the jiffy mix pizza crust, and rolled it out and then baked it for a 2-3 minutes at the temperature on the box. I mixed crushed graham crackers with some melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, then mushed them in to little balls that I spread around on the crust. I also spread some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips on the top of the crust. Then cook the crust for about 5-10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.

I found out that it tastes good cold the next day too!

Rena Lesué said...

I. Love. Those. Shoes! I want I want I want. Cute girl too. =)

NYCmom said...

The girls love to tromp around the house in my heels too...it's so loud on our wood floors...but cute. I love the tutu! She's getting so big.

Love Sweet Love said...

I love your "week in pictures" can you do that every week...that way I don't feel so far away! :) That pizza look DE LI SOUS!

Michelle C said...

Love her beatles shirt! That tutu is just great. I am so jealous about all your sewing. (: What does Emma do while you sew? I think the boys would just pull at the cords and I'm paranoid about dropping pins and them stepping on them. That pizza looks great. And do you have a recipe for the lime chicken tacos? That sounds great. Oh and we also had fish tacos the other night for dinner. I think you said you eat them. We didn't love it, but I like the idea. How do you eat yours? I've seen different recipes for the sauce.

Rebekah said...

I don't sew when Emma is awake, there is no way she would allow it. I either do it during nap time or when she goes to her friends to play. I have a sewing station set up in our bedroom, so anything that falls on the floor isn't in the area of the house we are in most. For the tacos, cut 1 1/2 lbs of chicken into tiny cubes and cook until no longer pink. Then add 1/8 cup red wine vinegar, juice from 1/2 lime, (I normally add a little more), 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until there is no liquid left. Then eat! The tacos taste best with monterey jack cheese. My recipe for fish tacos is packed away... they were really yummy, so if I ever find the recipe I'll let you know.