I just realized today that I haven't blogged in over a month! Our lives here in STL have been crazy. School takes a lot of my time, so instead of blogging I have been doing homework or studying. I also have a new calling at church that involves teaching a leadership and teacher training course. WOW was I surprised, and very nervous when I got that one! Luckily it is every other week, but it still takes up quite a bit of time.When I am not doing homework or studying, or other daily chores I am sewing. I have to say I LOVE my sewing machine. I love the things I can do with it, and the fun projects I can make. I am still working on Emma's quiet book, and I have made some pretty good progress. I have also made a sewing machine dust cover, a grocery bag holder, a couple belts for Emma, some leggings for Emma and I am working on a patch for Nathan's brother that has the Kansas City Chiefs insignia on it. I have been going crazy at remnant sales, buying anything that looks like I might possibly use it someday. I am actually at school right now, so no pictures... but this week looks a little less busy, so I will try to post pictures of Emma soon.
Speaking of Emma, she is growing and changing everyday! She is just so smart, it is hard for me to keep up with her. And Oh the messes she makes! Nothing is safe anymore. Even things on the kitchen counter that were once safe, she reaches. I found this out the hard way, when Emma grabbed a pair of scissors and was holding them precariously over her head to try to put them back. I had a mini freak out as I ran to get them back from her!
Emma is SO close to being in nursery at church! We have been ready for months! She just does not want to be in our classes, and then she has little hissy fits like the one she threw last Sunday that made us leave church. This was the mother of all fits, and included her sprawling herself on the floor and screaming and crying because I wouldn't let her have something that she wanted. So like I said, counting the days....
She has this very loving side to her that has been coming out lately. She loves to give kisses and hugs, especially to her puppy! Che is well loved by his little sister! She also has been loving her stuffed animals a lot, and has this obsession with babies. She has used her diapers and wipes to 'change their diapers', she is pretty darn cute. Like I said, I will post pictures soon... cause you have got to see this adorable little girl!
Work is going well for Nathan, he still loves his job, and is so happy that we moved to St Louis. School is going well for me, so far my grades are a lot better than they were the last semester that I was doing online classes. Guess I just need a classroom to make me focus.
Our house STILL hasn't sold... although we weren't really expecting it to during the holidays, or when we had all that snow. So we are hoping that now that the weather is better we will start to get some people in there! Any prayers would be a huge help! Money is still holding out, I was worried that if we got this far without selling the house we would start having some major credit card debt going on, but we have been very blessed, and I have managed to still stay debt free.
Sorry for all of the rambling with no pictures, I will try to get some pictures up soon!
3 comments:
finally! i've been wondering how life was, hadn't heard anything from you guys in a long time! I can't wait to see pictures of Emma.
So a plastic grocery bag holder? I didn't see a picture of that. I was hoping to make one of those soon too.
I'm SO GLAD TO KNOW that Tyler isn't the only crazy baby around. Holy Cow, I have to stand in the bathroom with him most weeks because he is throwing that big of a fit and there is no where else for me to go. Full blown throw myself on the ground and kick and scream. Holy Cow, it is awful!! I am SO frustrated with it I could scream myself. He turns into this monster baby once we walk into church. We can't leave though because of the callings we did have (now we're in a new ward because of boundary changes and then because of our new house) and plus Nathan is in Sunbeams.
That class you teach sounds interesting. I haven't heard of it. Sounds like a challenge.
I'm glad things are going good and that school is better and that you're loving the area. I hope things pick up for the house since Spring is coming. Makes it more desirable for people to be out looking. What a blessing that there has been enough money to keep you debt free!
I've commented a ton, but I'm still not caught up in your life. I've been neglecting everyone's blogs lately, including my own. Life is busy!!
Love and miss you!!!
The plastic grocery bag holder is pretty easy, except for sticking the elastic in... that can be a pain. I used the pattern at makeitandloveit.blogspot.com.
I am so excited that Emma goes into nursery next week! I will be able to listen in church again!
The class I teach is for leadership and teachers, and it is every other week. The bishopric invites certain people to be there.
I'm pretty impressed you read all of those posts! That was a lot to catch up on! Congratulations again on the house, I have all kinds of blogs I read that have patterns for fun stuff for the house if you are ever looking for something just let me know!
Post a Comment